Red-Hot Resources

"Luck is not chance, it’s toil; fortune’s expensive smile is earned.”

Saturday, April 08, 2006

'Gold Comes on Us Like a Thunderclap'

My article about the Australian Gold Rush was published at 321gold.com. You can read it here.

I've received a bunch of positive feedback on this one from people in Australia. I get the feeling their gold rush is overlooked by the rest of the world.

One Australian reader, Andrew (I'm not using your last name Andy, because of that whole "permissions" thing) wrote to say:

"The picks, shovels and wheelbarows of 1850's have been replaced with ballpoint pens, contracts and computer software.

"Yet the bravery of the people I know, young up and coming mining directors, engineers, geologists and metallurgists, is no different to the people in the previous rush. Since most of the charlatans left the mining industry in 1996-2000 to join the dotcom boom, the only ones left were those committed to mining and their workers. These heroes have put up with pathetic financial returns, governmental incompetence, public apathy. They have been a joy to work with and I celebrate the success that their hard work and persistance has brought."

Kudos to the Australians!
Check out my new gold and energy blog at MoneyAndMarkets.com