Red-Hot Resources

"Luck is not chance, it’s toil; fortune’s expensive smile is earned.”

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sunday in Edmonton

I can't recommend the Coast Terrace Inn in Edmonton. It does have good points: A nice, comfortable bed, a hot shower and they had a coffee maker in the room, the only three things that matter. Oh, and Internet access. So it ain't that bad. On the downside, it's in the middle of nowhere, it's a bit shabby, and the lady working at the front desk yesterday evening was a few sandwiches short of a picnic basket. She spent 15 minutes trying to check me in and then realized she was looking under the wrong name. She was no help in finding a place to buy a hat or gloves. The only mall she could recommend would close 15 minutes after I got there.

So, I went for a long, long walk. I tried one Wal-Mart type place with no success, then found a surplus store 10 minutes before it closed -- and found gloves for $3! Hooray! No hat, but gloves are what I really needed.

Bottom line: I could get a good bed, a hot shower, free coffee and internet access for much cheaper at the Travel Lodge next door.

On the upside, the air is crisp and clear this morning. I'll try to get an earlier flight to Yellowknife. Northward, ho!

P.S. I just got the earlier flight, but I have to hustle! It's always hurry up or wait, isn't it?

PPS Success! Waiting for the plane to board now.
Check out my new gold and energy blog at MoneyAndMarkets.com