Red-Hot Resources

"Luck is not chance, it’s toil; fortune’s expensive smile is earned.”

Thursday, July 27, 2006

City Lit by Fireflies


Up until tonight, my favorite city in the world has been Prague. I wrote about it in a story for the Sovereign Society, "City on the Edge of Forever". But now Prague has serious competition: Vancouver.

I just watched the latest entry in the Vancouver Fireworks competition from my room on the 30th floor of the Blue Horizon Hotel in Vancouver. It's an excellent hotel and a magnificent room. The fireworks show -- put on by Italy in a global competition that will also include China -- was the icing on the cake. (Larger image HERE)

It was a crystal clear evening; a sliver of moon set over the mountains as And the view of the city and fireworks was incredible. Jupiter shone clear and bright. Birds winged on the summer breeze below our balcony, while the setting sun reflected off the windows of the buildings around us. Vancouver isn't called "City of Glass" for nothing.

Vancouver is a truly cosmopolitan city. The people are friendly and from all over the world. The women are gorgeous. The restaurants are first-rate; not only international cuisine but local dishes that are mouthwatering. The nightlife is fun. And the heart of the city throbs to a business beat. Entrepreneurs from all over the world come here to get deals done.

My wife and I invited my friend Tom Jeffries of HoweStreet.com to come up and watch the fireworks show with us. Emperors haven't enjoyed a better view. Tom made it even better by giving us a birds'-eye tour of his town.

What a great town! I want to move here!
Check out my new gold and energy blog at MoneyAndMarkets.com