Red-Hot Resources

"Luck is not chance, it’s toil; fortune’s expensive smile is earned.”

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Hottest Metal In the World?

For those of you jumping up and down and shouting: “I know! I know! It’s Tungsten!” Sorry … I’m not talking about the industrial metal with the highest melting point. Though that was a good guess. I’m talking about a metal that has seen its price DOUBLE in the last year and demand should exceed production this year by 466,000 tons.

Give up? I’m talking about zinc! Demand for it and other base metals is being driven by ravenous demand from China, which needs all the metal it can get its hands on to build its 21st century economic powerhouse.


My Red-Hot Asian Tigers subscribers got a recommendation in zinc today. And I’m looking for more recommendations in what I consider the “Fantastic Five” of base metals for both of my services.
Check out my new gold and energy blog at MoneyAndMarkets.com