Red-Hot Resources

"Luck is not chance, it’s toil; fortune’s expensive smile is earned.”

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Food Wars

So yesterday, I wrapped up my MoneyandMarkets for today, with a title that I thought was great: "Food Wars." Now, true, I have a 5-year-old who wants to be Anakin Skywalker and we build Legos Star Wars playsets together, so maybe I'm a bit biased. But I think the title "Food Wars" conveys excitement, even if only in some kind of turbocharged, John Belushi in "Animal House" kind of way.

So what did the editors title it?

Food Crisis May Threaten Your Portfolio
by Sean Brodrick
Wednesday, April 16, 2008 7:30 AM
The United Nations' Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) said that world cereal production may jump a record 2.6% this year as farmers boost plantings. In other words, supply is fine. Except ... [More...]

Sigh. It's a good read anyway, so you might want to click through.

Labels: ,

Check out my new gold and energy blog at MoneyAndMarkets.com