Red-Hot Resources

"Luck is not chance, it’s toil; fortune’s expensive smile is earned.”

Monday, October 29, 2007

What the Hell Is Wrong With CNBC?

Gold is pushing $800 an ounce ... oil is soaring again ... Mexico is shutting down as much as 600,000 barrels of daily crude production ... and they're doing a piece on "What's in Warren Buffet's Wallet?". Who the hell cares?

And all last week, whenever I would turn on CNBC (admittedly, I was busy, so it wasn't a lot) it was one idolizing, star-struck interview after another with this or that retired CEO. For Pete's sake, CNBC, give me some news!

I have basic cable in my office, but I may have to pony up for a box so I can watch Bloomberg or the new Fox financial channel. On the other hand, Rick Santelli is not only the best thing about CNBC, he's one of the best financial journalists, period.
Check out my new gold and energy blog at MoneyAndMarkets.com