Red-Hot Resources

"Luck is not chance, it’s toil; fortune’s expensive smile is earned.”

Saturday, June 16, 2007

The Latest on Bees and Colony Collapse Disorder

I've been writing about bees and Colony Collapse Disorder -- a syndrome that threatens to wipe out honeybees -- since April. I just read a great story that is a must-read for anyone interested in CCD. And how can you turn down a story with passages like this ...

“I don’t know if I should talk about this,” the source says. “I’m connected with a lot of people very close to this CCD investigation, and I know that there are researchers who are very careful about what they say—they’re almost afraid for their lives.”

Whoa! Does this writer know how to build suspense or what? Tell me more! To read this excellent story, "Buzz Kill," CLICK HERE.

And hat tip to http://www.beepocalypse.com/ Not only did Beepocalypse have a link to the "Buzz Kill" story, it's also the clearinghouse for CCD info. As the website's motto says: "Your source for the latest info on the next end of the world" (Gotta love that sense of humor). Beepocalypse also points out that if you'd acted on my recommendation in my MoneyandMarkets column about CCD ("Investment Plan Bee") and bought Monsanto, you'd be up $8 a share. Buzz-buzz!
Check out my new gold and energy blog at MoneyAndMarkets.com