Red-Hot Resources

"Luck is not chance, it’s toil; fortune’s expensive smile is earned.”

Friday, May 25, 2007

Rain Delay

Remember those "Airport" movies from the 1970s, the ones starring George Kennedy? I remember they used to fly in all sorts of weather. Not so today – it is raining here in Corpus Christi, and my flight plans are snafu'd.

I've gotten on standby for another flight from Dallas later tonight. That depends on the weather clearing here in time for a plane to land here and take me to Dallas. Since my plane diverted to Laredo, I don't take that as a good sign.


I've been two weeks on the road now with a brief, one-day stopover in West Palm Beach to attend a Father's Day event at my son's school and celebrate my anniversary. If homesickness was a disease, I'd have a fatal dose right now.

Check out my new gold and energy blog at MoneyAndMarkets.com