Red-Hot Resources

"Luck is not chance, it’s toil; fortune’s expensive smile is earned.”

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Segue to Silver

I know it looks like this blog has turned into a seething hotbed of full-frontal uranium, but I am watching other metals. And one that really has my eye right now is silver.

In fact, I write about silver in today’s Money and Markets column: “Grabbing Mexican Gold and Silver.” You can read it by pointing your web browser here: http://tinyurl.com/vq2zj

I strongly believe silver is headed for a breakout, and it could be a big one. Now, just because I was right about uranium does not mean I’m right about silver. But give it a read anyway, and I think you’ll find it interesting.

If you’ve been reading my blog for any length of time, you know my Money and Markets columns are the end product of my constant battle with editors. Par for the course, this column was originally much longer, and I think more interesting, in that I talked about the history of the Aztecs, gave more details on why the Conquistadores were in the New World and what they were doing there, etc.

Of course, as one of my editors points out: Many people just want me to get to the part with the money.

So, I think I’ll post excerpts of my original piece that ended up on the editing room floor. You'll find it below...

Check out my new gold and energy blog at MoneyAndMarkets.com