Red-Hot Resources

"Luck is not chance, it’s toil; fortune’s expensive smile is earned.”

Friday, October 06, 2006

But what about oil and precious metals?

I have to do some technical analysis this weekend before I figure that out. Briefly...

1) Members of OPEC are calling each other liars about whether they've promised price cuts or not. As a result, oil was schizophrenic today, down more than a buck at one point but finally ending down about 25-to-28 cents. That's better finish than we could have hoped for to end to a miserable week.

2) Gold and silver closed UP today. Dang, they looked good. And the small caps have stopped the bleeding.

Still, there are a bunch of investment houses calling for a more severe pullback now. Is that the truth, or a sign of a bottom? I'll do some more research over the weekend and have my opinions for Red-Hot Canadian Small-Cap and Red-Hot Asian Tiger subscribers early next week.
Check out my new gold and energy blog at MoneyAndMarkets.com