Red-Hot Resources

"Luck is not chance, it’s toil; fortune’s expensive smile is earned.”

Monday, August 28, 2006

Why I Hate American Airlines

It’s not just because they’ve lost my luggage before … though they’ve done that.
It’s not just because I haven’t been on an American Airlines flight yet that didn’t have some kind of delay, including that hilarious (in retrospect) time when they had to replace the plane and everyone had to run from one end of the airport to the other to catch the replacement
It’s the incompetence. Today, I was supposed to fly to Halifax on American and from Halifax to Goose Bay on Air Canada. Only, the American Airlines ticket agent couldn’t book my flight from Halifax to Goose Bay. Just couldn’t do it. Delta never has this problem, but AA just couldn’t do it.

So after my plane landed in Halifax, I had to run to the other side of the airport to rebook in the 50 minutes before my plane took off. And I did this in Wolverine work boots, not exactly made for running. And come to think of it, my body isn’t exactly made for running anymore.
I made it, with minutes to spare, thanks to a kind and thoughtful Air Canada ticket agent. Now, despite the best efforts of American Airlines, I actually made it to the mining camp. Huzzah!
Check out my new gold and energy blog at MoneyAndMarkets.com