Red-Hot Resources

"Luck is not chance, it’s toil; fortune’s expensive smile is earned.”

Sunday, August 27, 2006

The Undiscovered Country

I'm writing this from the Palm Beach airport where I'm embarking on the first leg of my trip. I’m flying through New York (as we say in my home state of Maine, “you can’t get there from here”). Then tomorrow I board a plane to Halifax, then another plane to Goose Bay in Labrador, then a helicopter takes me into the wildneress. If you're not familiar with Labrador -- and there's no reason why you should be -- here's the area I'm talking about...


As you can see, it's kind of out there.

Labrador is best known for its fishing. It didn’t have a gold rush … it had a Cod Rush. I'm not making this up. Labrador is the place where Labrador Retrievers sprang into being. Labs are the world’s most popular hunting dog, if you disqualify those darned Golden Retrievers (buncha show-offs!)

Shakespeare called the future "the undiscovered country." That rings true for me on this trip in more ways than one. I'm going to a land I've never seen before, and I'm going to check out a uranium resource. Uranium may have a much larger role to play in our country's energy future.

I'm very excited about this trip. I don't know how good my internet access will be, but I'll keep you posted on my travels as much as possible here on my blog. So stay tuned.
Check out my new gold and energy blog at MoneyAndMarkets.com