Red-Hot Resources

"Luck is not chance, it’s toil; fortune’s expensive smile is earned.”

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Chart Parade #1 -- The TSX-V

Every Monday morning, Weiss Research holds a "Squawk Box," where we put out ideas for the week. This was a chart I presented showing the TSX-Venture Index. If you believe Fibonacci Retracements work sometimes -- and I do -- then you can see that the TSX-V hit its 50% retracement on Friday. That means it's a good place for a bounce.





We need confirmation, of course, and Monday was a holiday in Canada due to Victoria Day (Victoria Principal sends her regards). Well, we got that on Tuesday -- the TSX-V is up 2.3% as I write this.

So, if we're looking for a bounce in Canadian small-caps, which sector do we want to concentrate in? Let's look at my next chart...
Check out my new gold and energy blog at MoneyAndMarkets.com