Red-Hot Resources

"Luck is not chance, it’s toil; fortune’s expensive smile is earned.”

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tropical Storm Fay Is Dancing in My Driveway

Tropical Storm Fay is dancing in my driveway -- the rain is relentless and lightning is crackling around me so much the air is thick with ozone. But I shouldn't complain too much. I looked at a weather projection for Vero Beach -- a little to the North of us -- and those poor bastards are supposed to get 14 inches of rain today. Fourteen inches?! You better hope your second car is a boat, for Pete's sake.

Anyway, before I lose power, I wanted to post some charts of interest ...


Weather chatterers on the TV say there are tornadoes in Wellington, hail on Singer Island, and "if you're in the Acreage, get in your safe room now." Crap, crap, crap! This is only a tropical storm. What gives?

9,000 homes in Palm Beach County without power? Argh!

Labels: , , ,

Check out my new gold and energy blog at MoneyAndMarkets.com