Red-Hot Resources

"Luck is not chance, it’s toil; fortune’s expensive smile is earned.”

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

In Case You Missed It ...

Here is my MoneyandMarkets column from today

Notes from the Vancouver Resource Investment Conference
by Sean Brodrick
Wednesday, January 23, 2008 7:30 AM
Yesterday, Ben Bernanke announced an emergency 75-basis-point cut to the fed funds rate in a bid to stop the tidal wave of selling that was racing around the globe. I was in British ... [More...]

And here is my latest interview with HoweStreet.com, which was done right at the conference.

http://www.howestreet.com/index.php?pl=/goldradio/index.php/mediaplayer/748

I actually met a couple of fans at the conference. One is a regular reader of this page -- we didn't have long to talk, which is a shame, and I didn't even get his name. Maybe next time.

The other was a gentleman who listens to me on HoweStreet. He was very nice (flattery will get you everywhere) and his story was interesting. He's 60, and he lost a lot of money playing Nasdaq stocks. Then, three years ago, he switched to natural resources, started listening to HoweStreet, and attending the Vancouver Resource Investment Conference. Now, he's made so much money on natural resources, he can retire. I got his name -- a big shout-out to Greg!

Labels:

Check out my new gold and energy blog at MoneyAndMarkets.com