Red-Hot Resources

"Luck is not chance, it’s toil; fortune’s expensive smile is earned.”

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Biting the Uranium Bullet

As you may have guessed from recent posts, I've recommended (small) uranium positions in all my premium services. You can read my bullish case for uranium here:

A Distant Metal Thunder (by Sean Brodrick)
A metal that has made lightning fast rallies in the past is starting to rumble again. Sean Brodrick gives you the scoop.

AN IMPORTANT NOTE: I benefit from having a great editor for my MoneyandMarkets.com columns, but I disagree with one edit that was made this week: The editor removed my comment that my timing on uranium earlier this year was terrible. You may remember that I issued bullish recommendations shortly before uranium prices flattened like a big ol' glow-in-the-dark pancake.

I understand why the editor took that out. Many newsletter writers don't like to admit it when they're wrong. However, the way I see it, if you don't study your mistakes, you can't improve.

And while my timing was terrible in the short-term, A) subs who bought my "Golden Age of Uranium" report tooks some very hefty gains and B) I think the picks I made for "Small Uranium Wonders" will do very well longer-term. I think uranium prices will be in the triple-digits again next year, and it may surprise many how high prices can/will go.

I may be calling the bottom a bit early here. But there is always risk in this game -- if you don't like risk, go buy a nice Treasury bond. I think the potential rewards far outweigh the risks in uranium right now.

As my mother would say, "We shall see what we shall see."

Labels: ,

Check out my new gold and energy blog at MoneyAndMarkets.com